News Archive: November 2000
Thursday, November 30, 2000
emu(s) Status... Posted by
TheGypsy @ 18:13
Is emu news better than no news at all? I don't think so, but enough of you are complaining that I guess I'll put something up here. This will hopefully catch you up on various emu updates that I've (purposely) not posted lately... Hopefully CyRUS will be back soon to start doing emu-related updates...
Boob!boy (GBC by CyRUS64)
- Nothing new since the last build which fixed the controller support and other issues. Probably sound support coming as soon as CyRUS has some time. The latest version (1.1 Beta) is available here at Boob in the Emulators section.
ngine-snes9x (SNES by Tubooboo)
- Now works on the DC. First screenshots of game running under ngine on the DC are available. See The ngine site news for more details.
DreamSNES (SNES by Marcus and friends)
- v0.9.2 released on 04-Nov-2000. PAL support, less frame skip, stereo sound, menu music. Check it out at Marcus' site.
Sintendo (NES by Sin)
- Development temporarily stopped as of 19-Nov-2000. Sin is too busy with real life -- I certainly know how he feels. He says to check back "in a couple of weeks" to see how things are then. See Sin's site for details.
gleam! (NES by gman)
- Unknown. I don't know where (if?) it is hosted any longer. Last I heard it was gleam.vintagegaming.com, but that does not appear to be working at this time.
There have been a few other projects mentioned to me (NeoPocott DC, DCPSX Jackal, etc.), but I know little about them at this point. Maybe we'll post more information as they start releasing public betas.
Well -- that's all for now.
Tuesday, November 14, 2000
Boob now hosted by consoledev.com Posted by
TheGypsy @ 20:59
After a great deal more work than I ever planned on doing for Boob, I finally believe that everything is working properly again and up to date. What happened was that Boob was in the process of moving from being hosted by dcwarez.com to being hosted by consoledev.com just as CyRUS64 left for school. Well, the transition did NOT go smoothly and things have actually been mucked up for a couple weeks now. While we could update news (except for the past few days when it reverted back to LAST months news), that was about it. None of the other pages could be updated/corrected/whatever due to various issues with the move.
In any case, I believe that I have finally resolved all of this and things seem to be working properly again. Some of the information in the "Emulators" section is probably out of date -- but that is mainly because I really don't care much about emulators. CyRUS can update that when he finds time. Other than that, most of the other links should now be valid (even ones that weren't before the move) in the Tools and Documentation sections.
P.S. I do NOT believe the information regarding 56k "upgrades" to 33.6k UK/JP modems via an AT command sequence. I have therefore deleted CyRUS64's news entry about it (note that even the AT command given in that news was invalid -- it should have been "ATS28=56", not "AT28=56" -- although, again, it doesn't work either way).
Wednesday, November 1, 2000
CyRUS64 @ 12:49
A new version of the NES emulator Gleam! has been released!
I hope this fixes the pal problems. New version on the left, over there. I have been unable to test this, but I hope this fixes the pal problem all of you pal-people are having. Note: other than the pal fix, this version is identical to the previous in all other aspects."
You can download it here.
The sintendo page has also been redesigned and some improvements have been made on the emulator itself! You can visit the Sintendo page here